Academic Areas: Semiconductor process technology and device physics
FAN Ji received his B.S. degree in engineering from Wuhan Institute of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, in 2001, and the Master degree and Ph.D degree in electrical engineering from University of Limoges, Limoges, France, in 2005 and 2009. From 2009 to 2010, he was a contractual researcher with Xlim Research Institute, Limoges, France, where his research was focus on design and optimization of superconductor microwave filter. From 2010 to 2012, he has been a research fellow with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, where he was working on MEMS fabrication and 3D integration via bonding. He joined Center for Gravitational Experiments, HUST, as an associate professor in 2013. His research interests are semiconductor process technology and device physics.
Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, 2009, University of Limoges.
2013-Presen : Associate Professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
2010-2012: Research fellow, Nanyang Technological University.
2009-2010: Contractual researcher, Xlim Research Institute.
1. Ji Fan, Tao Zhu, Wenjie Wu, Shihao Tang, Jinquan Liu, Liangcheng Tu, Low Temperature Photosensitive Polyimide Based Insulating Layer Formation for Microelectromechanical Systems Applications, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2015, 44(12), 4891-4897.
2. Ji Fan, Wenting Zhang, Jinquan Liu, Wenjie Wu, Tao Zhu, Liangcheng Tu, Fabrication of High Aspect Ratio Structure and Its Releasing for SOI MEMSMOEMS Device Application, Journal of Micro-Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS, 2015, 14(2), 024502.
3. Ji Fan, Liangcheng Tu, Chuanseng Tan, High-kappa Al2O3 material in low temperature wafer-level bonding for 3D integration application，AIP Advances，2014, 4(3), 031311.
4. Ji Fan, Daufatt Lim, Chuanseng Tan, Effects of surface treatment on the bonding quality of wafer-level Cu-to-Cu thermo-compression bonding for 3D integration，Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 2013, 23(4), 045025.
5. Ji Fan, P. Anantha, Chongyang Liu, Magnus Bergkvist, Hong Wang, Chuanseng Tan, Thermal Characteristics of InP-Al2O3/Si Low Temperature Heterogeneous Direct Bonding for Photonic Device Integration，ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology, 2013, 2(9), N169-N174.
6. Ji Fan, Daufatt Lim, Lan Peng, Holden Li, and Chuanseng Tan, Effect of Bonding Temperature on Hermetic Seal and Mechanical Support of Wafer-level Cu-to-Cu Thermo-compression Bonding for 3D Integration, Microsystem Technologies, 2013, 19(5), 661-667.
7. Ji Fan, Lan Peng, Holden Li, and Chuaseng Tan, Wafer-level Hermetic packaging of 3D Microsystems with Low-temperature Cu-to-Cu Thermo-compression Bonding and Its Reliability, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 2012, 22(10), 105004.
8. Ji Fan, Gangyih Chong and Chuanseng Tan, Study of Hydrophilic Si Direct Bonding with Ultraviolet Ozone Activation for 3D Integration, ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology, 2012, 1(6), P291-P296.
9. Ji Fan, Daufatt Lim, Lan Peng, Holden Li, and Chuanseng Tan, Low Temperature Cu-to-Cu Bonding for Wafer-Level Hermetic Encapsulation of 3D Microsystems, Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, 2011, 14(11), H470-H474.
10.Chuanseng Tan, Ji Fan, Daufatt Lim, and Gangyih Chong, Low Temperature Wafer-Level Bonding for Hermetic Packaging of 3D Microsystems, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 2011, 21(7), 075006.
11.Wenjie Wu, Tao Zhu, Jinquan Liu, Ji Fan, Liangcheng Tu, Polyimide-Damage-Free, CMOS-Compatible Removal of Polymer Residues from Deep Reactive Ion Etching Passivation, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2015, 44(3), 991-998.
12.Jinquan Liu, Chao Wang, Tao Zhu, Wenjie Wu, Ji Fan, Liangcheng Tu, Low temperature fabrication and doping concentration analysis of AuSb ohmic contacts to n-type Si, AIP Advances, 5(11), 117112, 2015.
13.Daufatt Lim, Ji Fan, Lan Peng, Kc Leong, and Chuaseng Tan, Cu-Cu Hermetic Seal Enhancement Using Self-Assembled Monolayer Passivation, Journal of Electronic Materials, 2013, 42(3), 502-506.
14.Lan Peng, Lin Zhang, Ji Fan, Hongyu Li, Daufatt Lim, and Chuanseng Tan, Ultrafine Pitch (6 μm) of Recessed and Bonded Cu-Cu Interconnects by 3D Wafer Stacking, IEEE Electron Device Letters,2012, 33(12), 1747-1749.
15.Chuanseng Tan, Lan Peng, Ji Fan, Hongyu Li, and Shan Gao, 3D Wafer Stacking Using Cu-Cu Bonding for Simultaneous Formation of Electrical, Mechanical and Hermetic Bonds, IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, 2012, 12(2), 194-200.
16.Ji Fan and Chuanseng Tan, Metallurgy (Low Temperature Wafer-level Metal Thermo-compression Bonding Technology for 3D Integration), Intech, 2012.
Awards and Honors
• National Natural Science Foundation of China , Grant No.61306095;
Address: Luoyu Road 1037, Wuhan, China Tel: +86 27 87542457 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Admission Office)
©2017 Huazhong University of Science and Technology