Academic Areas: Biophysics and Bioinformatics
Research Interests: RNA-binding protein, protein design and interaction prediction, protein-RNA complex structure modeling, statistical potential, molecular design, noncoding RNA sequence-structure-function, Deep sequencing, Deep learning, SNP and Disease.
PhD in structural bioinformatics, 2006, Peking University, China;
B.S. in Chemistry, 2000, Peking University, China.
Associate Professor (2009-present); School of Physics, HUST, China.
2000-2006：Dr. Liu received his B.S. degree (2000) in Chemistry from Peking University, Beijing, China, and his Ph.D. degree (2006) in structural bioinformatics from Center for Theoretical Biology (Rename as Center for Quantitative Biology), Peking University, Beijing, China.
2006-2009: He was a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Bioinformatics, University of Kansas, USA.
2009-present: He is presently an Associate Professor in the School of Physics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
2014.5-2014.9: Visiting Professor, the University of Kansas.
(1)Xiaoli Zhang and Shiyong Liu, RBPPred: predicting RNA-binding proteins from sequence, Bioinformatics, 2016. In press
(2)Jinfang Zheng, Petras J.Kundrotas, Ilya A.Vakser and Shiyong Liu, Template-based modeling of protein-RNA interactions, PLOS Computational Biology 2016 Sep 23;12(9)
(3) Hao Chen, Yunjie Zhao, Haotian Li, Dongyan Zhang, Yanzhao Huang, Qi Shen, Rachel Van Duyne, Fatah Kashanchi, Chen Zeng and Shiyong Liu, Break CDK2/Cyclin E1 Interface Allosterically With Small Peptides PLOS One 2014 Oct 7; 9(10)
(4)Yangyu Huang，Shiyong Liu, Dachuan Guo，Lin Li，Yi Xiao，A novel protocol for three-dimensional structure prediction of RNA-protein complexes，Scientific Reports，2013, 3：1887-1887。
(5) Lin Li, Dachuan Guo, Yangyu Huang，Shiyong Liu，Yi Xiao，ASPDock: protein-protein docking algorithm using atomic solvation parameters model，BMC Bioinformatics，2011，12（36）.
(6)Shiyong Liu，Ilya A. Vakser，DECK: Distance and environment-dependent, coarse-grained, knowledge-based potentials for protein-protein docking, BMC Bioinformatics, 2011, 12。
(7) Sen Liu，Shiyong Liu，Xiaolei Zhu，Huanhuan Liang，Aoneng Cao，Zhijie Chang, Luhua Lai, Nonnatural protein-protein interaction-pair design by key residues grafting, PNAS, 2007, 104 (13): 5330-5335。
(8) Shiyong Liu, Qingliang Li, Luhua Lai, A combinatorial score to distinguish biological and nonbiological protein-protein interfaces, Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 2006, 64(1): 68-78.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (2011-2015) , Grant No.31100522;
2.The National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (2011-2015), Grant No. 2012AA020402;
3. Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education (2011-2015) Grant No.20110142120038.
Introduction to Biophysics