Phone: (027) 87543880-8302
Academic Areas: Optical frequency references; Microwave photonics；Optical resonators; Nonlinear optics etc.
Research Interests: Optical frequency references; Microwave photonics；Optical resonators; Nonlinear optics etc.
Dr. Lin Received received the Ph.D. degree in optics from Xiamen University, China in 2010. From 2011 to 2013, he was a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Post-Doctoral Program Fellow with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, USA. From 2013 to 2015, he joined the Franche Comté Electronique Mécanique Thermique et Optique—Sciences et Technologies (FEMTO-ST) Institute, Besançon, France as a contractual CNRS engineer. He is presently an Associate Professor in School of Physics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
PhD in Optics, 2010, Xiamen University.
2015.12-present School of Physics, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, China, Associate Professor
2013.12-2015.11 FEMTO-ST Institute, France, CNRS Contractual Engineer
2011.07-2013.07 Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA/Caltech, USA, NASA Postdoctoral Fellow
- Guoping Lin, * Romain Martinenghi, Souleymane Diallo, Khaldoun Saleh, Aurélien Coillet, and Yanne K. Chembo, “Spectro-temporal dynamics of Kerr combs with parametric seeding,” Applied Optics 54(9), 2407-2412 (2015).
- G. Lin * and Y. K. Chembo, “On the dispersion management of ﬂuorite whispering-gallery mode resonators for Kerr optical frequency comb generation in the telecom and mid-Infrared range,” Optics Express 23, 1594-1604 (2015).
- G. Lin, * S. Diallo, K. Saleh, R. Martinenghi, J.-C. Beugnot, T. Sylvestre, and Y. K. Chembo, “Cascaded Brillouin lasing in monolithic barium fluoride whispering gallery mode resonators,” Applied Physics Letters 105, 231103 (2014).
- G. Lin, * S. Diallo, R. Henriet, M. Jacquot, and Y. K. Chembo, “Barium fluoride whispering-gallery-mode disk-resonator with one billion quality-factor,” Optics Letters 39, 6009-6012 (2014).
- G. Lin and N. Yu, “Continuous tuning of double resonance-enhanced second harmonic generation in a dispersive dielectric resonator,” Optics Express 22, 557-562 (2014).
- G. Lin, J. U. Fürst, D. V. Strekalov, and N. Yu, “Wide-range cyclic phase matching and second harmonic generation in whispering gallery resonators,” Applied Physics Letters 103, 181107 (2013).
- G. Lin, J. U. Fürst, D. V. Strekalov, I. S. Grudinin, and N. Yu, “High-Q UV whispering gallery mode resonators made of angle-cut BBO crystals,” Optics Express 20, 21372-21378 (2012).
- G. Lin, Y. Candela, O. Tillement, Z. Cai, V. Lefèvre-Seguin, and J. Hare, “Thermal bistability-based method for real-time optimization of ultralow-threshold whispering gallery mode microlasers,” Optics Letters 37, 5193-5195 (2012).
- G. Lin, B. Qian, F. Oručević, Y. Candela, J.-B. Jager, Z. Cai, V. Lefèvre-Seguin, and J. Hare, “Excitation mapping of whispering gallery modes in silica microcavities,” Optics Letters 35(4), 583–585 (2010).
- G. Lin, O. Tillement, Y. Candela, M. Martini, Z. Cai, V. Lefèvre-Seguin, and J. Hare, “Ultra-low threshold lasing in silica whispering-gallery-mode microcavities with Nd3+:Gd2O3 nanocrystals,” Proc. SPIE Photonics Europe (Best Student Paper Award) 7716, 771622–771622–8 (2010).
- Souleyman Diallo, Guoping Lin, and Yanne K. Chembo, “Giant thermo-optical relaxation oscillations in millimeter-size whispering gallery mode disk resonators” Optics Letters 46(16), 3834-3837 (2015)
- Rémi Henriet, Guoping Lin, Aurélien Coillet, Maxime Jacquot, Luca Furfaro, Laurent Larger, and Yanne K. Chembo. "Kerr Optical Frequency Comb Generation in Strontium Fluoride Whispering-Gallery Mode Resonators with Billion Quality Factor." Optics Letters 40(7), 1567-1570 (2015).
- Khaldoun Saleh, Guoping Lin, and Yanne K. Chembo, “Effect of Coupling and Active Stabilization on the Phase Noise performance of Optoelectronic Microwave Oscillators based on Whispering Gallery Mode Resonators,” IEEE Photonics Journal 7(1), 1-11 (2014).
- David C. Aveline, Lukas M. Baumgartel, Guoping Lin, and Nan Yu, “Whispering gallery mode resonators augmented with engraved diffraction gratings,” Optics Letters 38(3), 284-286 (2013).
Awards and Honors
Login and edit information