Academic Areas: strong field physics, ultrafast spectroscopy
Research Interests: strong field physics, ultrafast spectroscopy using high order harmonics
Dr. Cao received his Ph.D. degree in Physical Electronics in 2009 from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China and in atomic molecular and optics in 2014 from Kansas State University, USA. From 2014 to 2017, he was a Postdoc fellow in the chemical sciences division of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. His research interests focus on table-top attosecond pulse generation, and the development of ultrafast spectroscopy using attosecond pulse as the driving source.
PhD in physics, 2014, Kansas State University, USA.
PhD in physical electronics, 2009, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China.
2017-present, Professor, School of physics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China.
2014-2017, Postdoc Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA
Login and edit information
- "Attosecond transient absorption of argon atoms in the vacuum ultraviolet region: line energy shifts versus coherent population transfer" W. Cao, E R Warrick, D M Neumark, and S R Leone, 2016 New J Phys. 18, 013041
- "Near-resonant four-wave mixing of attosecond extreme-ultraviolet pulses with near-infrared pulses in neon: Detection of electronic coherences" W. Cao, E R Warrick, D S R Leone and M Neumark, 2016 Phys. Rev. A 94, 021802(R)
- "Noncollinear wave mixing of attosecond XUV and few-cycle optical laser pulses in gas-phase atoms: Toward multidimensional spectroscopy involving XUV excitations " W. Cao, E R Warrick, M Neumark and S R Leone, 2016 Phys. Rev. A 94, 053846
- "Identification of a Previously Unobserved Dissociative Ionization Pathway in Time-Resolved Photospectroscopy of the Deuterium Molecule" W. Cao, G. Laurent, , I. Ben-Itzhak, and C. L. Cocke, 2015 Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 113001
- “Attosecond pulse characterization”, G. Laurent, W. Cao, I. Ben-Itzhak, and C. L. Cocke, 2013, Opt. Express 21, 16914
- “Spectral splitting and quantum path study of high-harmonic generation from a semi-infinite gas cell”, W. Cao, G. Laurent, Ch. Jin, H. Li, Z Wang, C. D. Lin, I. Ben-Itzhak, and C. L. Cocke, 2012 J. Phys. B 45, 074013
- “Attosecond control of orbital parity mix interferences and the relative phase of even and odd harmonics in an attosecond pulse train”, G. Laurent, W. Cao, H. Li, Z. Wang, I. Ben-Itzhak, and C. L. Cocke, 2012 Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 083001
- “Dynamic modification of the fragmentation of autoionizing states of O2+”, W. Cao, G. Laurent, S. De, M. Schöffler, T. Jahnke, A. S. Alnaser, I. A. Bocharova, C. Stuck, D. Ray, M. F. Kling, I. Ben-Itzhak, Th. Weber, A. L. Landers, A. Belkacem, R. Dörner, A. E. Orel, T. N. Rescigno, and C. L. Cocke, 2011 Phys. Rev. A 84, 053406
- “Dynamic modification of the fragmentation of COq+ excited states generated with high-order harmonics”, W. Cao, S. De, K. P. Singh, S. Chen, M. S. Schöffler, A. S. Alnaser, I. A. Bocharova, G. Laurent, D. Ray, S. Zherebtsov, M. F. Kling, I. Ben-Itzhak, I. V. Litvinyuk, A. Belkacem, T. Osipov, T. Rescigno, and C. L. Cocke, 2010 Phys. Rev. A 82, 043410
- “Control of Electron Localization in Deuterium Molecular Ions using an Attosecond Pulse Train and a Many-Cycle Infrared”, K. P. Singh, F. He, P. Ranitovic, W. Cao, S. De, D. Ray, S. Chen, U. Thumm, A. Becker, M. M. Murnane, H. C. Kapteyn, I. V. Litvinyuk, and C. L. Cocke, 2010, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 023001
- “Ion-energy dependence of asymmetric dissociation of D2 by a two-color laser field”, D. Ray, F. He, S. De, W. Cao, H. Mashiko, P. Ranitovic, K. P. Singh, I. Znakovskaya, U. Thumm, G. G. Paulus, M. F. Kling, I. V. Litvinyuk, and C. L. Cocke, 2009 Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 223201
- “Attosecond interference control of XUV photoionization”, W. Cao, P Lu, P Lan, Y Li, and X Wang, 2008 J. Phys. B 41, 085601
- “Efficient isolated attosecond pulse generation with a multi-cycle two-color field ”, W. Cao, P. Lu, P. Lan, X. Wang, and G Yang, 2007 Opt. Express 15, 530
- “Control of quantum paths of high harmonics via a ω+3ωbichromatic field”, W. Cao,P. Lan, P. Lu, W. Hong, and X. Wang, 2007 J. Phys. B 40, 869
- “Control of the launch of attosecond pulses”, W. Cao, P Lu, P Lan, X Wang, and Y Li 2007, Phys. Rev. A 75, 063423
- “Single attosecond pulse generation with an intense multi-cycle driving pulse”, W. Cao, P. Lu, P. Lan, X. Wang, and G Yang, 2006 Phys. Rev. A 74, 063821