Academic Areas: Phononic Crystal, Acoustic Metamaterials
Research Interests: Phononic Crystal, Acoustic Metamaterials
Dr. Zhao Received his M.S. degree in department of Physics, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, in 2006 and his Ph.D. degree in department of Nano science and technology, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China, in 2010. In 2010, he joined the Department of Physics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, and he is presently an Associate Professor. In the past few years he has started a series of theoretical and experimental research about phononic crystal and acoustic metamaterials. Dr. Zhao also actively cooperates with the researchers around the world. His research interests include artificial acoustic materials, acoustic metamaterials, etc.
PhD in Nano science and technology, 2010, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
2010-2014 : Assistant Professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
2014-2015: Visiting Scholar, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
2005-Present: Associate Professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
1. Degang Zhao, Zhengyou Liu, Chunyin Qiu, Zhaojian He, Feiyan Cai, and Manzhu Ke, “Surface acoustic waves in two-dimensional phononic crystals: Dispersion relation and the eigenfield distribution of surface modes.” Phys. Rev. B 76, 144301 (2007)
2. Degang Zhao, Wengang Wang, Zhengyou Liu, Jing Shi, Weijia Wen, “Peculiar transmission property of acoustic waves in a one-dimensional layered phononic crystal.” Physica B 390,159-166 (2007)
3. Jing Li, Degang Zhao, Zhengyou Liu, , “Zero-n photonic band gap in a quasiperiodic stacking of positive and negative refractive index materials.” Physics Letters A 332, 461-468 (2004)
4. Manzhu Ke, Zhengyou Liu, Pei Pang, Chunyin Qiu, Degang Zhao, Shasha Peng, and Jing Shi, “Experimental demonstration of directional acoustic radiation based on two-dimensional phononic crystal band edge states.” Appl.Phys.Lett, 90, 083509 (2007)
5. Feiyan Cai, Zhaojian He, Degang Zhao, Zhengyou Liu, “Scholte surface wave in a soft film deposited on rigid plate immersed in water: Dispersion relation and collimation effect.” Journal of Applied Physics, 107, 064505 (2010)
6. Degang Zhao, Hongmei Xu, and Lin Yi，, “Exotic Absorption Peaks of Acoustic Waves in One-dimensional Layered Phononic Crystal.” J. Appl. Phys，113，124501 (2013)
7. Degang Zhao, Jingfang Huang and Yang Xiang, “A new version Fast Multipole Method for evaluating the stress field of dislocation ensembles.” Modelling. Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng, 18, 045006 (2010)
8. Degang Zhao, Jingfang Huang, and Yang Xiang, “Fast multipole accelerated boundary integral equation method for evaluating the stress field associated with dislocations in a finite medium.” Commun. Comput. Phys. 12, 226 (2012).
9. Degang Zhao, Hanquan Wang and Yang Xiang, “Asymptotic behaviors of the tress fields in the vicinity of dislocations and dislocation segments.” Philos.Mag. 92，2351 (2012).
10. Degang Zhao, Yangtao Ye, Shengjun Xu, Xuefeng Zhu and Lin Yi, “Broadband and wide-angle negative reflection at a phononic crystal boundary.” Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 043503 (2014).
11. Xuefeng Zhu, Yugui Peng, and Degang Zhao, “Anisotropic reflection oscillation in periodic multilayer structures of parity-time symmetry.” Opt. Express, 22, 18402 (2014).
12. Degang Zhao, Yong Li and Xuefeng Zhu, “Broadband Lamb Wave Trapping in Cellular Metamaterial Plates with Multiple Local Resonances”. Sci. Rep. 5, 9376 (2015).
• National Natural Science Foundation of China , Grant No. 11304105.
• General Physics